Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fiber Friday

What's on the wheel?
The purple, Ashland Bay, Merino Wool.
What is recently off the wheel?
The gray, Ashland Bay Merino Wool

Setting the twist (above). Yes the jar of sauce fell.. a few times and didn't break! Then it fell again, didn't break, or so I thought. I carried it to the kitchen and realized the seal was broken... I played with the button that was now undone and that forced a piece of glass loose and now I have RED Spaghetti Sauce Stained carpet in my dining room! Time to call Mike...
(Next time I won't use a weight that is breakable!)

Close up of the yarn.
Two hanks.
1 @ 78 Yards
1 @ 80 Yards



Currently on the bobbins...

I have to take it off soon so I can spin the Batts I just carded (below).

50% Colonial Wool & 50% Bamboo

It is a dark Purple Colonial Wool and the White is Bamboo.... a little more Bamboo than I think I really want in a blend but this was the first time so I will see how it goes... I just might like it!!

0 comments: