Friday, July 11, 2008

On the eve of the eve of my birthday...

I figured it was time I posted ... at least something. Ever since I took the time to figure out Google Reader I haven't done much blogging. I just read everyone's! I know, not fair.

I am trying to change my ways.

Birthday Plans: I have been cleaning my apartment tonight so I don't feel guilty running off and doing something fun tomorrow to celebrate my birthday. My celebrations must take place on Saturday seeing as how my actual birthday is on the Sabbath day this year. I think I have decided to go antiquing tomorrow after I get my hair cut. Part of me wants to drive over to Canton because there are so many places to shop and the prices are very good... but it's not "the" weekend to do Canton. The first weekend of the month is evidently the HUGE weekend at Canton. I stopped there on my drive to Atlanta and bough a cool metal basket for 20 bucks.
Here is a picture...


So speaking of Antiquing....

These are a few of my most recent finds.

1. New Pie Birds... that are not actually birds! The ones on the far right... Mammy and Pappy. The third one from the right is also a recent addition found in Canton... It's brown and black, unlike the three on the far left that are the typical pie birds you might find. These make me happy :)

2. Sunbonnet Sue pillows (from old quilts). I found these both in the same day. It was not a collection I had already started. Honestly I just want the Sunbonnet Sue quilt that used to hang over the headboard (propped up between the wall and the side of the bed) at my Grandmas house. Siblings... you might remember this... I know I have fond memories of sleeping on Grandmas bed. Anyway, here is a picture of the two pillows I found on the same day in stores just down the street from one another in rural North Texas. Kind of hard to see them so click on the pic to make it bigger.

3. Old Office Shelf (metal)... previously a nasty "I have a brain cloud, stuck in a ding office gray" now painted a happy pink color to brighten up my craft room and provide some organization of my "stuff".
Here is a picture of the shelf and then one of my craft room with it "in use" :)
P.S. I was just finishing up a page hence the mess!


2 comments:

banananutmeg said...

ok, I LOVE the things you love! Great post! Happy (almost) birthday...I need to scrap samantha's broken car pics to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of us laughing at her. Your birthday dinner was oh so fun! miss yoU!

more pics of cute stuff in your house...and the scrappy pages you're doing!

Mamapierce said...

Happy happy birthday, girl! You found some super cute things! :o) Go Nicki, it's your birthday! ;o)