Friday, June 8, 2007

Free! ...to good home

Can you say Free?
How about saying "at least the actual bar stools were free"!
This is my latest handy work. My coworker and I went shopping one day and I had been talking about wanting to buy some bar stools for my kitchen. She was getting rid of some old "yellow wood" looking basic bar stools and had them in the back of her vehicle. I took them and a short amount of time later.... Beautiful!
I sanded them down first to remove all the grime and finish. Then I spray painted them back.... Then I bought a palm sander... which I should have done the first time. Sanded the crud out of them and then used a stain/sealer on them which was called "Early American" by Minwax.... got it at Wal-Mart!!! Yes... My money is recycled. How is that for Sustainability? Ha Ha Ha... that is a totally seperate post to come at a later date! Moving on or rather back to the great stools!
Don't you love them?

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Those are so Nicki...or rather, so classy.

You are finding some good deals, girl!

Anne said...

Love them.