Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday .... again!

Thank You Anne!
Anne got me further "started" on my Food Storage.
The box sat at the Apartment office for a while because either the FedEX man does not like me or the Texas wind blew away my little sticky note!
Either way I got it today!



Inside:
6 Cans of Food (Oats, Pinto Beans, Wheat...possibly something else I can't remember)
Lids (for opened cans)
Water (or just the bottle for it..must store more than tiny bottle!)
Money! (ha!... Just the bottle to save it in)
Pamphlets, Basic Recipes


Isn't it great?
I love Practical Gifts!
Thanks again Anne, Scott & the gang!

My next task... figure out how to store water in my little apartment.
P.S. I am utilizing FreeCycle and passing on things I don't need
so I can make some room for
H2O!

4 comments:

banananutmeg said...

yay, I'm proud of you for boosting your storage...it is SO hard to store food in an apartment!
Try refilling 2 liters and juice bottles and putting them under a bed. Even if you don't wan't to drink the water, you'll still be able to cook with it (or flush a toilet with it!) No special preparation needed for that!

Mamapierce said...

I love food storage! I feel such an urge to have a year's supply! What a wonderful gift! :o)

banananutmeg said...

check out what happened to MY food storage this week!
http://aaronandmeg.blogspot.com

so sad.

Anne said...

My favorite commandment - food storage! We all love to eat :-) So many ideas, so many things to learn, so many resources. Love the gospel!!!