Saturday, November 10, 2007

What NOT to wear.


Today I took my friend Jenny shopping. She is currently without a vehicle and needed to do some retail therapy! Just kidding.... she really just had to do basic shopping stuff. Well.....we have a new TJ Maxx in town that opened last weekend so we decided we "needed" to go in. Now I know why!
Disclaimer: Had there been a need to actually block out her eyes I would have used the little black box that Glamour Magazine uses in the "Don't" section in the back of the magazine.....as you can see, there was no need.


Please note that I am referring to the lovely GOLD outfit in the above pictures as denim is a classic and you CAN'T go wrong with it. I really did feel bad for getting such a kick out of someone looking soooooooo bad and seeing as how I work in the Apparel Industry I felt a certain obligation to her as a human to tell her how ridiculous she looked..... I just couldn't do it!

Did you notice?
  • Head to toe GOLD?
  • Cinching on the side of the *shiny* gold pants?
  • Vibrant Purple, High Healed, Gold Trimmed, "Get off MY corner" Boots?
  • Matching GOLD hair?

What you can't see....

  • She is purchasing a GOLD belt to add to the ensemble! (Which she puts on at the register and promptly struts out of the store.)
  • She also purchase a GOLD wallet....needless to say, as a matching accessory to EVERYTHING!!!!
I think this "get up" would have been more understandable had she not been a pasty white, 40'something year old with Golden locks.
I only wish I could have given her some guidance.
I'm so sad inside.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to draw your attention to the TJ Maxx employee in register 7 ~ who is very intently looking ahead as not to stare at the golden girl.

And you know...Halloween was not that long ago, maybe she was headed to a costume party. Did you ever think of that?

banananutmeg said...

wow wow WOW. Thats all i can say. I think you described her perfectly. Get off my corner boots-you are hysterical...it is SO true.

I want to know if she had fake eyelashes and electric pink lipstick...you know, that shade that you can only find at a gas station along the highway in Nevada?

Mamapierce said...

I like her outfit. I have the same one.

Blarney Girl said...

Shouldn't there be a ban on gold fabric in general? Or at the very least you should have to show your AARP card to prove you're over 65 in order to purchase it!!