Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shattered

There will be no photo with this post as I couldn't bring myself to take a picture. A few moments ago I was rummaging through my tiny kitchen cabinet and a HUGE can of soup fell out and landed on my collection of Pie Birds. :(

I wanted to cry.

I still might.

Two of my black birds were shattered into unrecognizable pieces. Two of my tiny whistle birds were also broken. I'm not as sad about the whistle birds because they are just a little china trinket from an old vendor/friend.

I'm most sad about my Pie Birds because they are rare and hard to find.

I am however relieved that my Mammy & Pappy pie birds survived as well as one Black Bird and one Brown Bird.

*Sigh*

I think I am going to take a nap.

I hate tiny apartment kitchens and Progresso soup.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no...I am so sorry! Stupid soup.

banananutmeg said...

Oh! That makes ME cry! Those pie birds were SO cute! I'll keep an eye out for them at estate sales- you never know! what are they made from? ceramic?

Landlocked Shores said...

Thank you for the shared anger towards soup and for the shared tears... yes, they are ceramic.

Sniff
Sniff

Mamapierce said...

That is so sad! I am very sorry. :o(

The Sixth Sister said...

oh no! how sad!

Leviticus said...

HANG THE SOUP!!!

I am SO sorry to hear about this... I too shall keep my eyes peeled for pie birds; I know the joy comes in finding them yourself, but if you had a picture of the ones you've lost I'll know better what to keep an eye out for?