Saturday, November 8, 2008

Today on TV

What a GREAT movie!
Yes, it is rated R... I watched it on TV so it was edited.
This is a MUST WATCH movie for ALL single women.
How many times have you been in a relationship where you got nothing from it?
If I could only count them all.
Ray Porter (Steve Martin) is a man you can't help but to love.
He thinks he has made himself "clear" as to the state of their relationship... you know the whole

HE thinks: "she is clear that I want nothing more"
HA!
while SHE thinks: "wow, he does so and so ... he must really love me"
HA!
Then there is Jeremy (Jason Schwartzman) who is a fumbling, goofy, dorky, weirdo that she should have been scared of!
He takes a simple phrase that she said .... "Just do it" and
HE DOES IT!

Only to come back and sweep her off of her feet after going on the road with a band and reading/listening to books on tape such as the below.

If we only spoke the same language!
A few suggestions for your late night reading:





P.S. I doubt Brian will be reading this and if he does he is not the type to tell me ...lol. So with that being said I have to say one other thing. Brian is much more the "Jeremy type" and surprises me all the time.
He has captured my heart.

1 comments:

Mimi said...

Thanks for recommending the movie and the books. I would like to read the love languages. I'm figuring some of it out on my own after 40 years of marriage, but there is a lot to learn. I love it that Kim has taken all those BYU classes and shares her ideas and lessons she remembers in school.