Sunday, October 12, 2008

Q & A (for Meg & Sarah)

Q#1: Do you think I should cover my star with black and white damask paper? (from Meg)
A: I dont remember how big yours is.... Just go easy on the black and white balance! :)

Q#2: How do you make the star? (from Meg AND Sarah)
A: Well they are metal stars ( I wanted to do them wood but the only ones available had to be ordered on line and that would take to much time). I didn't make them but told the girl how to do it. Make a template with blank paper of the sides of the star you want to cover. She basically combined two sides of the star in the same template. I would have done each flat surface a different template/paper. Use Modpodge to glue it on. If you want it slick/shiny cover the surface with the Modgepodge also. She didn't cover the surface on this sample but sanded a tiny bit and then inked it. It looks cute just sanded also.
It is Scrapbook paper we covered it with.

Q#3: Home sign how?
A: It's a $3.00 frame from Wal-Mart that simply has the Vinyl Lettering rubbed on. The glass is hot glued on so it wont fall out cause you dont put the back on it. You drill holes through the frame to run the ribbon through. Sarah, I will make you one. :)

The End
Hugs and Kisses
Loves - Nicki

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ok, Q#2: yeah....either put that in human terms (ok, or non creative terms, however you wish to title me!) or go ahead and make me one. What's the price? I've never fought the title of "they are the people who will throw something away and buy a new one before they try and fix it!" I'm ok with it. :)

Sarah said...

Oh, and I LOVE YOU!!! I can't wait for the HOME sign. I'll pay you. Can you make it big? Like wide? It will hang right about the entrance to our family room. How cute!!

banananutmeg said...

thanks nicki!