Friday, May 23, 2008

My journey of 3 thousand miles...

Ok so I am totally guessing on the amount of miles... I actually think it was more but hey who kept track? Not I said Nicki.

Friday April 25th: So long, Fare well, ALF-viterzane
GOOD FREAKING BYE Wally World!
After an intense personal struggle I decided I would stop pursuing the Sr. Business Analyst position at Wal-Mart ISD. I was only continuing with this thought/job so I could feed myself and I knew it was the wrong thing for me to do. As of 4/25 I had my second interview with person # 5 at Michael's/agent and he was 70% comfortable with offering me the job I really wanted for Michael's craft store. "person #5" wanted me to drive down to Dallas nest Friday and meet face to face again... I was more than happy to oblige. :)

Saturday April 26th: Nicki packs up her cute little car and it is now known as the "closet on wheels" and heads to north Dallas to spend a week with Aunt Mayme and Uncle Denny. The truth be known..... They worked me hard out on the ranch. So I spent a week at Double Creek Ranch.

Friday May 2nd: Interview #3 with person #5 for the Michael's job. At the end of the interview person # 5 offered me the JOB!!!! Nicki is one happy camper ... even though she doesn't really camp. :)

Saturday May 3rd: Nicki and Aunt Mayme head back down to the BIG D to find and apartment. 5:59pm... lease signed!

Monday May 5th: Road Trip to Hot-lanta to see the family!

Tuesday May 13th: Road Trip back to Arkansas to pack up a U-Haul with all my junk and move to The BIG D!

Thursday May 15th: Head out of Arkansas in a MONSTER U-Haul with my car in tow!
That evening the men from my new ward unload my junk.
* Ever notice how when you move you tend to pack up what I will call "junk boxes" and they never get unpacked? Well this time they must get unpacked as I have no room in my 811 sq. ft. apartment to store it!

Thursday May 22nd: I'm sick of unpacking and I want to see my friends in Houston... I decide to pack my bags and hit the road again.

Friday May 23rd: Still in Houston, TX...
I should be starting my new job on Tuesday but haven't heard from them yet.... SIGH.

* More to come! Stay tuned for updates.

loves - Nicki

5 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

I'm so glad you decided to come down and crash with me this weekend!! There's always a place here for you when you want to come visit. I'll be sure to bring your "bed" with me when I come to see you! I so want to meet your Aunt Mayme and Uncle Denny and hang out at their ranch. I'm a country girl at heart, even if I don't dress the part! :-)

Mamapierce said...

That makes me tired just reading your post...whew!

Shelly said...

Yeah for you! I'm so glad you got that job, because I know how much you wanted it. We have certainly had our share of the great and spacious building ;o)

Kristen said...

I'm so glad to know what's going on with you! And I'm really really glad you got the job you wanted. Let us know what your first projects are! Good luck in the Big D!

Kim said...

Ok I am posting. love ya .